Lots of parts to prepare for priming. I’d planned to scuff and degrease them in the morning, and spray the acid etch in the afternoon. But it took so long I ran out of energy, and was forced to leave the parts ready for priming overnight. Lots of advice around for priming as soon as possible after scuffing with scotchbrite pads to minimise oxidation … but I simply ran out of time. I probably should have done one wing at a time, but I was trying to avoid unnecessary gun cleaning etc. Anyway, I made a really early start the next day so it wasn’t too long.
I tried out an idea I’d spotted on another blog (Thanks Chris in Aberdeen!), and pinned the small parts to some polystyrene sheet. Worked pretty well.
I sprayed 9 ribs at a time, so it took most of the morning.
And all the afternoon to spray the white acrylic to seal the acid etch.
Phew, that was a marathon 2 days work. But all finished just before I have to go to work for a few days, so when I return the ribs will be ready for rivetting fun!