The control column stops needed a small adjustment to achieve the stick travel specified. A bit hard to access, and it took a while due to the iterative process.
I found it easiest with a small, square section needle file.
To check for simultaneous contact both sides, I used a piece of paper as a feeler gauge.
Well the first job to adjust the travel was to get the tailplane & elevators back on the plane.
This also meant I had to temporarily take the fuselage off the rotisserie.
I used some scrap plywood for the Elevator Bellcrank Template, attaching it to the end of a stick so I didn’t have to clamber inside.
As it turned out, with the elevators clamped neutral and the CS-00003 Aft Elevator Pushrod adjusted to the exact length as per the manual, the angle was perfect.
I had already adjusted the elevator stops ages ago (see this blog entry).
Max down deflection is 25º …
… and max up deflection is 30º.
The existing control column stops allowed these full deflections, so with baited breath I went back to the column stops to check clearances.
The elevators should reach the elevator stops just prior to the column stops.
With the adjustments I’d already made, a piece of paper just fitted between the stop surfaces at both deflections/sides. Happy Days!
This is a view of the elevator stop adjustment when fully down …
… and when fully up.