I spent a pleasant afternoon spent assembling the previously prepared parts whilst installing the AeroLED Sunspot Landing Lights.
The manual asks you to prepare spacers 10mm long, which I had done.
When I nipped up the bolts against the spacers, I found the light could still rotate easily in the assembly.
So I filed the spacers down to a
9.5mm length and tried again … now it clamped the lights properly.
I positioned the lights so that the terminals were orientated to easily attach the wires, but also look right from outside with respect to the LED layout.
I couldn’t resist a little test to see if my wiring worked, so fired up my old 13.8 volt power supply …
… connecting it to the relevant pins at the wing root …
… hey presto! : )