The aileron trim springs are strong, and the manual contained no advice about the best way to attach them to the control arm.
I decided that some kind of mechanical advantage was required to pull the springs together.
I decided to use large zip ties … one in each spring, and a third which acted as a pulley system.
It proved an easy job to pull the springs together by tightening the third zip tie.
I found it was necessary to connect the zip ties on each spring about 3 coils back from the hooks, enabling enough flex to be able to manipulate the hooks into the control arm holes.
It all worked easily and proved much less traumatic than I expected : )